Artist with a vision to aid organizations and business to create a positive and striking public image.Eleven years fine art education, studied - drawing, painting, composition, sculpture, illustration, graphic and printing, working with and creating types.Employing four years experience in graphic design. With ability to produce creative, eye-catching graphic designs and artwork, I believe that my expertise can offer a dynamic and effective visual solution.
Artist / Graphic Designer, Freelance, London, UK
Retained by companies and businesses nationally and internationally, to provide custom graphic & web design services. Involved in Art projects, exhibitions, interior and jewellery design.
1997 to 2001
AMPEREL Ltd - Artist, Graphic Designer, Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
• Amperel Advertising agency is a part of Amperel Ltd – trade and marketing company. As a graphic designer and part of a team of marketing and advertising specialists I was involved and focused in introduction of a new products. Creating entire conception, design product - packaging, complete advertising strategy to approve and develop the product on the market (design of brochures, flyers, informational pamphlets, catalogues, promotional materials, posters, cards, greeting cards, calendars, notebooks, gifts. Design and manufacture systems of stands. Handled projects for biggest clients like GlaxoSmithKline, Reckit Benckiser, Olympus, Panasonic, Korting, Wella, Kikizas, Royal Foods, Florina, Aroma, Arsana, Solvex cosmetic products.
1996 to 1997
"Tzanko Lavrenov" Fine Art School,Art Teacher- drawing, composition and life drawings. Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
Exclusive experience to be a teacher in the same school where I have been a student. Challenge to work in a team. Sorting a problems considering with the experience of the colleagues. Totally focused to find the best way to teach, communicate and understand my students. Attempt to create a base and build a strong drawing skills, sense for proportions, composition, light and shadows, entirety and detail, and the idea about the drawing like a process of thinking.
Summary of Skills
• Excellent drawing skills, a good sense for composition, eye for detail, generate original ideas.
• Strong team orientation, ability to relate to people at any level of business and management, talented in understanding and interpreting needs of clients.
• PC and MAC : Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe Illustrator 10.0, Adobe. Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Internet.
• Languages spoken & written : English, Bulgarian, Russian.
National Academy of Fine Arts, Sofia, Bulgaria. M.A., Graphic Art 1996
"Tzanko Lavrenov" Fine Art School, Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Diploma, Secondary Education. 1988
Awards, Grants and Workshops
Workshop, Hweilan International Artist Workshop , Taiwan 2005.
Workshop, Braziers International Workshop. Braziers Park , Ipsden, Oxfordshire , UK . 2003.
Grant & Spike Island Residency, Visiting Arts London, Bristol, UK, 2001. "Drawing Wood" Exhibition.
Grant, Russian-American Cultural Centre, New York, USA, 2000. Exhibition.
Grant, KulturKontakt, Vienna, Austria, 1995. "Book / Paper" Exhibition.
Grant, Smederevo Graphic Art Studio, Smederevo, Yugoslavia, 1995. Exhibition.
First Prize - "The 1st International Triennial of Graphic Art", International Triennial of Graphic Art, Sofia, Bulgaria, 1995. Prize awarded by the Bulgarian President / Patron of Triennial.
Diploma - "VIII International Mini print Biennial", International Mini print Biennial, Seoul, Korea, 1994.
Art career path
Tanya Abadjieva* (b. 1969) graduated from the Art Academy, Sofia in 1996. She made her debut in the field of graphics, winning first prize at The First International Graphic Triennial, Sofia. Later she turned to spatial installations made of paper and cellophane. One of her major preoccupations is the problem of altering the physical and emotional environment through the artist's intervention. In her compositions she relies on the subtle provocation, balancing on the borderline between visible and invisible, between real and unreal, between the conscious and unconscious. She participated in many National and International Exhibitions in Bulgaria, UK, USA, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela, Korea, Germany, Spain, Montenegro, Poland, Austria, Serbia, Romania, Taiwan.
Member, UNESCO Artist Union, 1996. /UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization/
Member, Bulgarian Artist Union, 1996.
Member, "The 8th March" Women's Art Group, 1998.